Advanced Search

Mobile home fire in Manassas displaces six

At 8:08 p.m. on March 19, Fire and Rescue units from the City of Manassas, City of Manassas Park, and Prince William County responded to a fire at 9011 Centreville Road (Manassas Mobile Home Park) for a report of a mobile home fire.  First arriving units saw smoke rising from the roof of the home and crews were able to extinguish the fire.  The fire came from a bedroom in the home.  There were no injuries to the six occupants of the home.

The City of Manassas Fire Marshal’s Office investigated the origin of the fire and determined that it started above the ceiling between the roof in the front bedroom.  It was ruled an accidental fire.  The cause was an improperly used extension cord.

The home has been posted as unsafe to occupy.  There were no working smoke alarms in the home.

Remember, smoke alarms are a key part of a home fire escape plan. When there is a fire, smoke spreads fast. Working smoke alarms give an early warning so residents can get outside quickly.  Smoke alarms save lives.

Link to This Article

Copy and paste the code below on your site to link to the article.

<a href="">Mobile home fire in Manassas displaces six</a>

Follow Us on Twitter!/bullrunnow
Welcome Guest! | Login