Advanced Search

Working smoke alarms save house in Woodbridge

House Fire
14000 blk Fisher Ave. Woodbridge
9:44 AM

On Dec. 18, 2023 Prince William Fire & Rescue unit were summoned to the 14000 block of Fisher Ave. in Woodbridge at 9:44 AM.

Residents reported observing smoke and smelling something burning behind a dryer in the basement. Crews arrived and extinguished a small fire in the wall. The home sustained minimal damage. No injuries were reported. Three (3) adults were displaced. The Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was caused by an electrical failure.

The Prince William County Fire and Rescue System urges all homes to have smoke detectors. T

his home was equipped with smoke detectors that properly functioned during the incident, said Matt Smplsky, Prince William County fire marshal.moke detectors offer the best means to alert you and your family to a fire and allow you adequate time to safely evacuate.

Matt Smolsky
Assistant Chief – Fire Marshal

Link to This Article

Copy and paste the code below on your site to link to the article.

<a href="">Working smoke alarms save house in Woodbridge</a>

Follow Us on Twitter!/bullrunnow
Welcome Guest! | Login