Prince William County Schools says it has received reports of parents not receiving email alerts from the teacher calendars to which they have subscribed. The school division says its vendor “is working to correct the issue.” In the meantime to make sure parents have the resources they need for accessing a student’s homework, these “available options” are provided:
• Log in to the Parent View using Parent Portal Credentials to see all of the assignments in one place. This can be done from any of your children’s school webpages or the Mobile App. (Please remember to use all lowercase for the username and password.)
• Visit each of your child’s teacher pages and view the public calendar for upcoming assignments.
• Subscribe to the iCal feeds on teacher pages and view them on a mobile device. Guides are available for iOS and Android devices.
• Subscribe to the iCal feeds and request alerts through your email/electronic calendar service. You can toggle the visibility of the calendars to suit your needs.
• Google instructions. Google calendars can provide email alerts for new items as well as reminders that the event is approaching.
• Yahoo instructions. Yahoo allows you to set two reminders from minutes to days ahead of the event.
• Outlook can send a daily email agenda for calendars and tasks and/or send a reminder alert ahead of time.
Visit the Website Navigation and User Guide for additional information.