Advanced Search

Fire closes city eatery for repairs

Mi Cassita Restaurant at 8828 Centreville Road, Manassas, is temporarily closed for repairs following a two-alarm fire at 10:40 a.m. today, July 25, according to a report from Francis J. Teevan, Chief Fire Marshal for Manassas City.No one was injured in the fire.
First arriving units found smoke coming from the roof of the building and flames in the exhaust ducts of the range hood over the rotisserie in the kitchen and inside a portion of the wooden roof framing. Firefighters had to cut through void spaces and decorative roof components to extinguish the fire. Teevan said.
The probable cause of the fire is the ignition of grease that accumulated inside of the range hood and exhaust ducts, according to the fire marshal’s report. The building has housed different restaurants over the years and has been remodeled several times resulting in additions to the original roof design. 
Damage is estimated at $50,000.  The restaurant will be closed until repairs are completed, Teevan said. Fire and rescue units from the City of Manassas, Manassas Park, and Prince William County responded.

Link to This Article

Copy and paste the code below on your site to link to the article.

<a href="">Fire closes city eatery for repairs</a>

Follow Us on Twitter!/bullrunnow
Welcome Guest! | Login