Advanced Search

Electrical fire displaces four residents from Michigan Rd. house in Woodbridge

House Fire
Saturday, February 24, 2024
8:59 Pm

Prince William County fire and rescue crews were dispatched to the 15000 block of Michigan Road in Woodbridge at 8:59 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 24 for a reported house fire.

One occupant had smelled smoke and upon investigation discovered fire emitting from the side of the structure. The occupant’s quick actions helped to limit the spread of the fire.

Crews arrived with fire attempting to spread into the attic from the exterior. Complete extinguishment was accomplished very quickly. No injuries were reported. The single-family dwelling sustained moderate damage but was determined unsafe to occupy by the Building Official due to the nature of the fire’s origin.

Four (4 )adults were displaced but did not require services from the Red Cross. The Fire Marshal’s Office attributed the cause of the fire to an electrical system failure.




Matt Smolsky
Assistant Chief – Fire Marshal

Link to This Article

Copy and paste the code below on your site to link to the article.

<a href="http://www.bullrunnow.com/news/article/electrical_fire_displaces_four_residents_from_michigan_rd._house_in_woodbri">Electrical fire displaces four residents from Michigan Rd. house in Woodbridge</a>

willing warrior may event

Follow Us on Twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/bullrunnow
Welcome Guest! | Login