Advanced Search

Accidental kitchen fire in Lake Ridge townhome displaces three

On Friday, Jan.27 at 1:57 p.m. Prince William County fire and rescue units were dispatched to the 3000 block of Sunny Brook Court (Lake Ridge) for a reported kitchen fire in a townhouse.

Crews arrived with the home evacuated and smoke showing. The kitchen fire was quickly confirmed and extinguished. The fire caused moderate damage, according to Assistant Fire Chief Matt Smolsky.

One adult female occupant sustained minor injuries and was transported to a local medical facility. No other injuries were reported. The Building Official determined the home unsafe to occupy displacing 2 adults and 1 child, who are being assisted by the Red Cross.

The Fire Marshal’s Office determined the cause of the fire to be an accidental cooking fire.

Link to This Article

Copy and paste the code below on your site to link to the article.

<a href="http://www.bullrunnow.com/news/article/accidental_kitchen_fire_in_lake_ridge_townhome_displaces_three">Accidental kitchen fire in Lake Ridge townhome displaces three</a>

Va. colleges make pact with Youngkin on veterans benefits

Gov. Glenn Youngkin today says that each of the leaders of Virginia’s public colleges and universities, including the chancellor of the Commonwealth’s community college system, has agreed to take all necessary action to ensure no student or prospective student is further adversely impacted by the gap in time from July 1st to when HB 6004 and SB 6012 are passed and signed to fully repeal and reverse the tuition waiver eligibility changes to the Virginia Military Survivors and Dependents Education Program and other similarly impacted programs.

Ten people displaced, three homes burn after used fireworks tossed

Family of three loses home when trailer involved in fire

FEMA to evaluate emergency readiness of North Anna Power Station week of July 15

Mining equipment manufacturer to expand in Southwest Va. and bring 75+ new jobs

PWC Police Crime Report for Friday, June 28, 2024: Shoe theft and caustic spray

Council of Governments names Linda Cheeks as “PWC Foster Parent of the Year”

Volunteer Prince William’s Call to Action for June 28, 2024

Sentara adds trauma rooms, weapons detection system to Emergency Room in Woodbridge

Follow Us on Twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/bullrunnow
Welcome Guest! | Login